Wood Hanging Bat House
As a primary nighttime predator of flying insects, bats play a crucial role in maintaining a balanced ecosystem and protecting crops. By serving as natural pest control, they are beneficial to the environment and prevent garden-destroying bugs from taking over your yard. Unfortunately, due to habitat destruction and widespread disease, bat populations have been decreasing for many years. In order to offset this decline, our bat houses provide these creatures with a safe place to roost and raise babies. Proper placement is key to the success of a bat house. Keep the following information in mind before installation. Bat houses should be at least 12 feet off the ground, although 15-20 is ideal. Do not hang on a treeâ€”instead, use a wooden post, metal pole, or building side. Try to maintain a 20- to 30-foot distance from branches, wires and other obstructions. Houses should face south or southeast and require a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight, with morning sun being the most favorable. Internal temperatures should stay between 80-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Bat houses do best when they are located within Â ¼ mile of a body of water. Do not mount near bright, artificial lighting.
- Nasty chemicals have no place in your garden oasis. Instead, help the friendly bat population survive. Many bat species eat vast amounts of insects, including some of the most damaging agricultural pests. Mosquitoes are a particular favorite among bats, some of which are said to eat up to 1,200 mosquitoes in one hour! That alone should be reason enough to put a bat house in your backyard.
- Makes a great gift for your loved ones and family.
- We pride ourselves on offering the best home and garden accents to bring a touch of personality to your home.
- POLLINATION STATION: These nocturnal creatures become active when the sun goes down, and work magic in your garden during the night. They go after the nectar and bugs, spreading pollen as they fly. Many bat species eat vast amounts of insects, including some of the most damaging agricultural pests.
- Evergreen is committed to quality and functionality.
Size: 13.5"W x 9"H x 5"D
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov..
No Ship Restriction
You may also need
People also viewed