32 ideas to keep you and your family busy this October and November! When you’re done reading, check out our Autumn Adventure essentials here.
1. Visit the local pumpkin patch. Not only is it a fun day out, but it also supports local business.
2. Go apple picking at your nearest orchard. Another way to support local farmers while enjoying this fall fun.
3. Decorate your house with Halloween decor– only 2 weeks to go!
4. Get your garden looking ghoulish too. We have lots of Halloween-themed flags for an easy spooky pop.
5. Make a slow-cooker dinner for friends. Need some inspiration? Check out our favorite fall recipes here.
6. Put away your summer clothes and get out your winter wardrobe. We can’t wait to wear scarves again!
7. Make your own Fall wreath.
8. Or purchase a ready-made one…
9. Grab a seasonal drink. Here’s a list of some of the best autumnal hot beverages.
10. Light your favorite candle and relax.
11. Switch to a Fall friendly doormat for your entranceway.
12. Take a walk in the neighborhood to check out the Halloween decor.
13. Or go for a hike in the nearest countryside area to enjoy the leaves changing color.
14. Make a delicious squash soup- a warming dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
15. Organize your budget for holiday gift shopping (and stick to it!).
16. Decorate your front porch with some seasonal pieces.
17. Have a family board-game evening. Try not to get too competitive if you can help it..!
18. Go beer tasting! Grab a flight of craft beers at a local brewery.
19. Look up your local events- we know here in Richmond VA there are a ton of local festivals and events to attend at this time of the year.
20. Enjoy a steaming mug of hot chocolate in your favorite mug.
21. Put the fire on and enjoy your favorite movie.
22. Hang a bird feeder in your backyard and enjoy watching the wildlife.
23. Invite friends over for an NFL Sunday! Drinks, snacks, and football fun.
24. Get lost in a corn maze. This classic Fall activity can be a lot of fun!
25. Get crafty with the kids! Whether its crafts made from autumn leaves or home-made Halloween decor, get messy and make some memories.
26. Rent a cabin in the great outdoors! Many of the state parks have cabins at reasonable prices, and you can immerse yourself in nature for the weekend.
27. If you don’t feel like staying overnight, go for a drive in the countryside instead. Put together a great playlist and enjoy the autumnal scenery.
28. Another way to enjoy the outdoors this season is a bike ride. Whether you’re riding solo, with friends or with the kids, wear a helmet and stay warm.
29. Head to a rooftop cafe or bar. Now that the weather has cooled down, enjoy the views of your local area from above without the sunburn! Make it a coffee or a wine- you decide.
30. Pick up a book you’ve been meaning to start (and finish it by the end of the season)!
31. Carve a pumpkin. Predictable, yes.
32. Make some mulled wine for a tasty nightcap. Check out this recipe for your delicious hot beverage.
What do you enjoy the most during Fall? Check out our Autumn Adventure must-haves.