Raise your mug and give a toast to the cozy warmth a good cup of hot chocolate can bring on a cold day.
Easy, delicious recipes below!
Simple Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
Combine the water, cocoa, and sugar in a 16-ounce microwave-safe bowl or pitcher. Heat the mixture on high for 30 seconds, or until hot. Stir well to create chocolate syrup. Add the milk and microwave the mixture for 1 to 1.5 minutes, or until hot. Add the vanilla and pour the drink into a mug. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Makes two 8-oz servings.
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together. Heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally until hot but not boiling. Then pour into mugs and top with whipped cream. Makes 2 servings.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk
- 2 peppermint tea bags
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Coconut whipped cream for garnish
- Crushed peppermint candies
In a small pot over medium heat, add the coconut milk, peppermint tea bags, and cocoa powder, mixing well. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Allow it to sit for 3-4 minutes before removing the tea bags. Top with coconut whipped cream, crushed peppermint and a marshmallow. Makes 2 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1.5 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1.5 teaspoon red gel food coloring (no taste)
- Whipped cream
In a small pan, combine milk, chocolate morsels, and food coloring. Gently simmer until hot and all the chocolate is melted. Use a small whisk to make sure everything is mixed together well. Top with whipped cream.