1. First, decide what decorative pieces you will use as your focal point, and then choose additional complementary pieces.
2. Find a suitable container or pot for your mini garden’s base. You can use anything from a terracotta planter to a glass container to a plastic pot. Terracotta is highly recommended, as it usually has drainage holes at the bottom for excess water.
3. Next, add potting soil to the bottom of your container (can be found at Lowe’s or any nursery). Fill the container all the way to the rim so plants and accessories will be more visible. If desired, you can place river rocks or pea gravel under the layer of potting mix to help water drain properly.
4. Decide which plants you wish to include in your mini garden. It’s best to choose varieties that will stay small and easily grow in a restricted space. Recommended plants include succulents, African violets, winter greens, rosemary, violas, lobelias, moss, and thyme. Try to place taller pieces in the back of the container and shorter ones in front. Make small holes in the potting soil wherever you want your plants to go before placing them in the prepared area. Be sure to cover any exposed roots with soil.
5. Finally, add décor pieces and accessories to your mini garden. Try to space them out to avoid overcrowding an area. You can also add finishing touches such as rocks, glass pebbles, and sand. Be creative and have fun!
Consumers love to create their own habitats using our miniature gnomes, fairies, and animal statuary, along with our coordinating accessories like miniature furniture. Our wide range of everyday and seasonal designs offers something for everyone year-round! From camping set-ups to farm scenes, we offer a variety of accessories to inspire and help you create your own mini garden.